There is no free ride so a few rules go along with accepting the award. I have to (and want to, I think) thank the person who shared the award with me, link back to her in my acceptance post http://sjdriscoll.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/i-want-her-car/, tell my readers seven things about myself and then pass the award on to fourteen fellow bloggers to do the same. Yikes.
1. As soon as I learned to read (It took my third grade teacher to make it stick—thank you Mrs. Diffenbach), I began devouring fairy tales. I read every one I could find. I think the Grimm’s brothers gave me the boot down the road to my love of noir and dark things that linger just at the edge. (I’ve written mystery, suspense, paranormal and sci-fi).
2. At ten years old, my younger cousins begged me to tell them so I made up stories on the spot. I never remember writing stories and in high school I got turned off to writing by a devastating critique by a teacher. I only took it up again when I had a déjà vu experience while on a visit to a pyramid at Coba in the Yucatan. It became the impetus for my first novel—a past life intruding into the present one.
3. I have two dogs—a Lhasa Apso and a five pound Ratcha (rat terrier and chihuahua mix). I think sometimes I would like to have the traditional writer’s animal, a cat, but I am allergic to cat fur. It ain’t pretty when I break out and start sneezing and tearing up. After reading a romantic werewolf novel this past week, I think I am a pack animal anyway. Dogs suit me.
4. Born in New York, I traveled to Maryland before coming to California. Landed in Pomona, then LA, Venus Beach, then San Francisco where I met my hubby. Now we’re hanging out in the San Joaquin Valley.
5. I love to garden. I used to have a gift and indoor potted plant shop. I loved to travel to the coast near Half Moon Bay to pick up plants for my shop from the greenhouses there. My young daughter came with me and we’d do a round trip in our VW van, sometimes stopping in Santa Cruz for a while, before returning with the van filled with hanging plants.
6. I am a one of the founding members and past president of the San Joaquin chapter of Sisters-in-Crime.
7. I love to take pictures, especially nature and trees. I share it with friends and family on another blog. Yosemite is a great place for pictures and painting.
Now it’s your turn:
1. Rebecca Stanfel http://www.rebecca-stanfel.com
2. Kay McFarland http://kristinmcfarland.com
3. Julie Farrar http://www.traveling-through.com
4. Tracey Livesay http://www.traceylivesay.com
5. Kim Griffin http://www.thefitnessmoms.com
6. Karen Rose Smith http://www.karenrosesmith.com
7. Tiffany White http://tiffanyawhite.wordpress.com
8. Linda Adams http://garridon.wordpress.com/
9. Alvarado Frazier http://latinapen.blogspot.com
10 Shay Fabbro http://shayfabbro.com
11 Emmie Mears http://www.emmiemears.com
12 Ann Foweraker http://www.annmade.co.uk
13 April Plumber http://www.aprilplummerauthor.weebly.com
14 D.B.Smyth http://dbsmyth.blogspot.com
Start your engines. . . .
Link back here, tell your readers seven things about yourself and then pass the award on to fourteen fellow bloggers.